Dehradun. Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami (CM Dhami) on Monday launched the Swachhta Seva Fortnight-2023 at the Chief Sevak Sadan located at the Chief Minister’s residence. In the program ‘Swachh Survekshan Gramin-2023’, the Chief Minister honored 15 Gram Panchayats. On this occasion, the Chief Minister also honored 05 environment friends who did commendable work in the field of cleanliness. The Chief Minister also released ‘Swachhata Hi Seva Geet’ on this occasion.
Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami congratulated the 15 excellent panchayats of the state selected for the Swachhta Survekshan Rural-2023 Award on being honored. He said that he is grateful to all the Panchayats and Swachhta Doots who have made excellent contributions in this great campaign of cleanliness, whose determination and efforts have written a new chapter of cleanliness in the state. The Chief Minister said that Swachhta Doots are the pivot of the cleanliness campaign and the respect that the state has received would have been impossible without them. Cleanliness has always been a top priority in Indian culture and philosophy. These are an integral part of our values and values.
Chief Minister (CM Dhami) said that due to the Swachh Bharat Mission running under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the country has re-awakened towards cleanliness. The success of this great campaign of cleanliness is being discussed all over the world. When public participation is added to the efforts of the government, the power of those efforts increases manifold. He said that the land of Uttarakhand is a religious, mythological land. Gods reside in every corner of this land and Gods reside only where there is cleanliness. Today Uttarakhand has earned a new place on the global tourism map.
There is a deep connection between cleanliness and tourism, where there is cleanliness, tourism also increases. Chief Minister (CM Dhami) said that the “Swachhta Hi Seva” program is being organized by the state government from 17th September to 02nd October. The state government is continuously making efforts to effectively implement the vision of garbage free India.
‘Cleanliness Mandate 2023’ campaign will awaken the spirit of cleanliness in urban bodies
He expressed hope that all Panchayat representatives, community level organizations, voluntary organizations and all citizens will contribute significantly in this great campaign of overall cleanliness of Devbhoomi and will make the campaign successful like previous years.
Gram Panchayats to be awarded in Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2023
Population category less than 2000
1. Gram Panchayat-Pistola from Nainital district, development block-Bhimtal, village head Mrs. Khashti Raghav.
2. Gram Panchayat from Nainital district – Bohrakot, development block – Ramgarh, village head Mr. Basant Lal Shah.
3. Gram Panchayat from Nainital District – Jamrari, Development Block – Okhalkanda, Village Head Mr. Balveer Singh
4. Village head Shri Mohan Chand Pandey from Gram Panchayat- Chowki from district Champawat, development block- Champawat.
5. Village head Shri Shiv Shankar Pathak from Champawat district, Gram Panchayat- Thanta, Development block- Lohaghat.
Population range 2000-5000
1. Gram Panchayat from Nainital district – Kishanpur Sakulia, development block – Haldwani, village head Shri Vipin Chand Joshi.
2. Gram Panchayat from Nainital district – Kania, development block – Ramnagar, village head Mrs. Sunita Ghughatiyal.
3. Gram Panchayat from Nainital district – Haldu Chaud Jaggi, village head from development block – Haldwani, Mrs. Meena Bhatt.
4. Gram Panchayat from Nainital district – Haldu Chaud Dina, village head from development block – Haldwani, Mrs. Hemanti Joshi.
5. Gram Panchayat from Dehradun district – Bhagwanpur Julho, village head from development block – Sahaspur Mr. Deepak Joshi.
Population category more than 5000
1. Gram Panchayat from Dehradun district – Dakpathar, village head from development block – Vikasnagar, Mrs. Manju
2. Gram Panchayat from Dehradun district – Khadri Khadkamaf, village head from development block – Doiwala, Mrs. Sangeeta Thapliyal.
3. Gram Panchayat from Haridwar district – Kheda Jat, village head from development block – Narsan, Mrs. Avadh Kumari.
4. Village head Shri Narendra Kumar from Gram Panchayat-Bhageri Mehbatpur (L) from Haridwar district, Development Block-Roorkee Viki.
5. Gram Panchayat from Udham Singh Nagar district, Vigrabagh, village head from development block Khatima, Mrs. Madhavi Devi.
Environment friends who were honored for their commendable work in the field of cleanliness – Mr. Pappu, Mr. Vinod, Mr. Shiv Kumar, Mrs. Meena, Mrs. Savita.